Monday, September 24, 2012

I finally had to log out of Facebook for a while today. The amount of political BS on there finally pushed me over the edge. Its unfortunate, I use FB to talk to a lot of people very close to me, but I just can't handle the amount of hatred that is showing itself.What I don't understand is why? Typically, historically campaigns have been all about fans of either candidate spouting how great their chosen person is, arguing against the policies and stances of 'the other guy' and continuing this ad nausea until the election is over. This election is different though. I see insults being hurled back and forth, but very little to say why people think 'their' guy would be a great leader. There are jokes, slams, insults- Nothing seems to be out of line anymore. I have seen multiple posts (Sorry any liberals reading this, but you guys are by FAR the worst) calling for Romney to kill himself, calling for Romney to die, referring to Romney with frequent expletives beginning with 'F'..  These are the people who claim to be the 'educated' ones, who pride themselves on being 'free thinkers'. They proudly put their hand over their heart and pledge allegiance to a man instead of a nation while they fly vile parodies of the American flag proudly and don't see a thing wrong with altering the symbol of our nation with someone's face. At this point my greatest hope is that Alaska will make the decision to secede from the union. I don't want to play anymore. Both sides are cheating, the game is rigged and the only winners are going to be the ones who did the rigging. I've come to the conclusion I was born a couple of hundred years to late. I would much rather have lived in a period where there was honor and a certain code of behavior as opposed to increased technology and a general vileness and lack of honor which is considered normal.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I don't think it is a political party thing. Sometimes I just think there are people out there who are not decent humans, learning to live together with our fellow man, making this place a better place to live with all of our children. I sound very "kumbaya" but I think that is the goal of our race. To learn to live together.

    And by living together I don't mean you have to agree with every one of your roommates either. You just have to learn to agree to disagree and hope that through a mature and fair process things are managed in a way that is beneficial for all parties in one way or another. This also goes along with compromise, but that one might be a stretch.

    ReplyDelete